Lucerna Planta candles are designed for a 60+ hour, clean burn. Always follow safety instructions below.
- Trim candlewicks to 1/8 inch each time before burning.
- Always keep a burning candle within sight.
- Extinguish all candles when leaving a room or before going to sleep
Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire. Keep candles away from furniture, drapes, bedding, carpets, books, paper, flammable decorations, etc.
- Keep burning candles out of the reach of children and pets.
- Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
- Don’t burn a candle longer than 4 hours.
- Keep burning candles away from drafts, vents, ceiling fans and air currents.
- Always burn candles in a well-ventilated room.
Don’t burn a candle all the way down. Discontinue burning a candle when 1/2 inch of wax remains.
Never touch or move a burning candle or container candle when the wax is liquid.
- Never use a knife or sharp object to remove wax drippings from a glass holder.
Never extinguish candles with water. The water can cause the hot wax to splatter and might cause a glass container to break.
Be very careful if using candles during a power outage. Flashlights and other battery-powered lights are safer sources of light during a power failure.
Extinguish a candle if it repeatedly smokes, flickers, or the flame becomes too high. The candle isn’t burning properly. Cool, trim the wick, then check for drafts before relighting.
Never use a candle as a night light.